Month: July 2015

An abusive wife?

My bed-ridden father assaulted my father-in-law, I clutched her neck and then banged her head against the wall, and we constantly tortured my wife demanding a dowry of `1,000,000….,” thus begins the video, The Chair: I wish I never got married. A first person account of a harassed husband who recounts the suffering he went through

Divorce by mutual consent

Anonymous Editor’s note: Divorce by mutual consent is addressed under S. 13 B of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 and Section 28 of the Special Marriage Act, 1954. For parties to seek divorce by mutual consent, they must be living separately for a period of atleast one year, and must resolve towards the end of

Difference between 498a quash and discharge

Guys, I would like correct the understanding of you guys.  Discharge can be filed only after the Charge Sheet is filed by the Police and Judge takes the cognizance of your case. Discharge is filed under CrPC 239 and it will be filed only at the Lower/Trial Court.  Lower/Trial Court means, Judicial Magistrate of First Class or Junior Civil